Delta Environmental Centre’s Accredited Training programmes seek to empower participants to “be the change they want to see in the world”. The participants are engaged in a process of active enquiry and investigation that stimulates life-long learning.
Each skills programme comprises 40% theory and 60% work-based application.
Each contact session includes experiential learning within an outcomes-based approach. Practical application is achieved through group/individual work, research, community-based interaction and coaching. All assignments are set within workplace-based contexts.
All contact sessions will be followed by experiential workplace tasks that learners will complete at their places of work. All tasks will involve a problem-based approach to addressing local environmental issues.
- are relevant and context bound
- accommodate learners’ special needs
- are structured to enable reflection
- are designed using a variety of methodologies
- are based on exciting resources and facilitated by experts with excellent knowledge and experience in the field.
|For further details, please contact Ulisha van der Merwe or Shanu Misser on 011 888 4831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Accredited Training Courses currently being offered:
- National Diploma in Environmental Education Training, and Development Practice
1.1 Ekurhuleni Learnership – 9 learners
1.2 AFRISAM sponsored further study funding for 6 learners from Wolmaransstad as an exit opportunity from the 2013 Youth Environmental Service Project (completing DEC’s 240 credit Diploma, building on from the credits obtained in 2013).
2. Short Skills Programme
2.1 University certified courses
2.2 ETDP-SETA accredited courses
3. Fundisa for Change : transformative environmental learning for teachers and Department of Education officials.